Tool Design & Fabrication
Experience. Quality. Leading Edge Technology.
Confidence. Peace of mind. Reliability. For 30 years, GPI has earned the trust of the toughest, most demanding customers in the business—mold by mold. We are the people our customers trust with their most difficult and demanding tooling and mold component needs.
Whatever your tooling application requires – at GPI we do it all . . . and we do it better. We combine an experienced design and engineering team with highly advanced technology along with the best-in-class equipment in the industry. At every step you can expect careful consultation, attention to detail and customized services that meet your needs and produce quality results.
Tooling Trials and Process Development
Your Best Turnkey Tooling Solution Is Ready And Waiting For You!
- Turnkey tooling programs
- Design for manufacturability assistance
- Consultation for moldability or manufacturability concerns
- Tooling trials - injection molding of thermoplastic, elastomeric and silicone (LSR / GUM Stock).
The combination of our proficiency in tooling design and fabrication, coupled with your expertise and unique requirements, will ultimately result in the successful launch of your products, while creating a mutually beneficial alliance and an overall enjoyable experience.
Design and Engineering
Design for Manufacturability (DFM) –
GPI’s team of engineers are readily available to work with your team to provide best-in-class component design support.
- We begin this process by understanding your product requirements and how this information translates into appropriate part design changes. Subtle alterations can make the difference between molding success and a project that takes months to 'develop'
- Speed to market is always key… but be wary of those manufacturers that do not ask for or suggest changes in the design.
- Higher quality input leads to a higher quality outcome – teamwork is a crucial component of effective DFM.
- In nearly every project, companies focus on mold delivery lead times as the pacing item. The truth of the matter is better DFM in the beginning of a project leads to a shorter overall project timeline.
- The key to successful project execution and cost containment / minimization is the early involvement of the Custom Mold design team (e.g.; prognostic design consideration and development leads to the creation of robust processes).
- Our engineering software systems include: Pro/Engineer, Solidworks, Moldflow, and CAD/CAM.
- GPI is well versed in the advanced usage of Mold Flow software and techniques.
- Predicting flow patterns and identifying potential mold filling concerns early on will save time and revision costs later in the project. Any tool is only as good as the experience that is driving the decisions…
Tooling Design and Fabrication - Whether you want to participate in the mold design process or just get parts, GPI welcomes you as an integral part of the team … It’s your design after all.
- Our tooling support team outshines the competition in the areas of new tool development, mold modifications and mold repairs.
Types of Tooling –
The type of tooling best used for your application is a function of a number of inputs. Things like: part volumes, part complexity, material selection, your product's lifecycle, etc. are all things that must be considered when choosing your type of mold. Examples of tooling options include, but are not limited to:
- Lower volumes – consider MUD / unit sets
- Similar part designs and materials - family tools may be a consideration
- Similar part designs and different materials – could warrant an interchangeable mold
- High volume projects – multi-cavity and possibly a hot runner system
Whatever your requirements - We will help you select the best tooling options for your applications.